The LRSV hosts the MetaToul-AgromiX platform. This platform is dedicated to the analysis of plant metabolites as well as fungal and bacterial metabolites that may be involved in biotic interactions.
The MetaToul-AgromiX platform is part of the Metabolomics and Fluxomics platform in Toulouse (MetaToul), technological platform of the GenoToul.
It brings together scientific and technical skills (researchers, engineers, technicians) and resources (advanced equipments: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Mass Spectrometry, Sample Preparation Robots) in the field of global metabolism analysis.
MetaToul provides the scientific community with concepts, tools and methods related to the analysis of metabolism in cells, tissues and organisms.
The MetaToul platform, certified IBISA, is committed to a quality approach which is an essential tool for the continuous improvement of its operation and thus the quality of the services of the platform.
It is ISO 9001 and NFX-50-900 certified.
MetaToul is a partner of the MetaboHUB National Metabolomics and Fluxomics Infrastructure Project led by Dominique Rolin since 2012, with the Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand and Saclay platforms.
List of services and analyzes available at the MetaToul-AgromiX platform
The MetaToul platform can be requested by the public and private scientific community for qualitative and quantitative analyzes of plant and microbial metabolites to :
- Realize services to meet specific needs
- Develop new methods. Collaboration or partnership can be developed as part of the setting up and implementation of research projects.
- Provide analytical instruments.
Mass spectrometry analysis of phytohormones :
|Abscissic Acid||Abscissic Acid (ABA)
Glucose ester-ABA (ABA-GE) …
|Jasmonates||Jasmonic Acid (JA) …|
|Auxins||1H-indole-3-acetic acid (AIA)
Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA)
3-indolepropionic acid (IPA)
tryptamine (TAM) …
|Cytokinins||cis and trans zeatin (cZ and tZ)
cis and trans zeatin riboside (cis-ZR and trans-ZR)
Isopentenyl adenine (iP)
Isopentenyl adenosine (iPR)
Isopentenyl adenine 9 Glucoside (iP9G) …
|Gibberellins||GA1, GA3, GA4, GA7 …|
|Salicylates||Salicylic acid (SA)
|Strigolactones||strigol, sorgolactone, orobanchol, 5-desoxy strigol …
Biological material and matrices that can be analyzed:
Seedlings, roots, leaves, exudates and culture media of microorganisms.
Medicago truncatula, Arabidopsis thaliana, …
The extraction protocol is developed according to the biological material.
Research and Development Activities
Feature annotation of complex extract
Multivariate data analysis (Clustering, discriminant analysis, regression)
Plant metabolites: phytoalexins, alkaloids, phenolic compounds, flavonoids, …
Microbial metabolites: lipochitooligosaccharides (LCOs), chitooligosaccharides (COS) …
Collaboration or partnership can be developed as part of the implementation of research projects.
- Fraisier-Vannier, O.; Chervin, J.; Cabanac, G.; Puech, V.; Fournier, S.; Durand, V.; Amiel, A.; André, O.; Benamar, O. A.; Dumas, B.; Tsugawa, H.; Marti, G. MS-CleanR: A Feature-Filtering Workflow for Untargeted LC–MS Based Metabolomics. Anal. Chem. 2020, acs.analchem.0c01594. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.0c01594.
- Vial, T.; Tan, W.-L.; Deharo, E.; Missé, D.; Marti, G.; Pompon, J. Mosquito Metabolomics Reveal That Dengue Virus Replication Requires Phospholipid Reconfiguration via the Remodeling Cycle. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2020, 202015095. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2015095117.
Provision of devices and user training
The platform staff can provide training tailored to your needs: sample preparation, use of analytical equipment, data reprocessing.
AgromiX platform equipments :
- U-HPLC-MS Q-Exactive Plus (Thermoscientific)
- LC-MS Qtrap 5500 (AB Sciex)
- GC-MS TSQ Quantum (Thermoscientific)
LRSV equipments: HPAEC and HPLC with DAD detector and/or Fluorescence (ThermoScientific)
How to make a project request
An access mode has been defined by the MetaToul platform according to the following schema:
- The applicant contacts the MetaToul platform using the MetaboHub project request site (MAMA):
- The tray manager will contact you to discuss the project in order to evaluate, accept or reject it.
The project may eventually be returned to another platform of the MetaToul platform or another platform of the MetaboHUB infrastructure.
When the project is accepted, a project manager is appointed.
- A “study and service proposal” will be sent to you by the project manager. It contains the conditions and commitments, the terms of implementation, the deadlines and the price.
4. The applicant then returns the signed proposal to the project manager to begin the project.
Guillaume Marti: Scientific director of MetaToul-AgromiX platform: tools coordination (pharmacognosy lecturer, metabolomic)
Virginie Puech: Co-manager of the MetaToul-AgromiX platform: coordination of R&D projects (biochemistry lecturer, mass spectrometry)
Sylvie Fournier: Co-manager of the MetaToul-AgromiX Platform: Operational and Technical Management (Mass Spectrometry Engineer), Platform Quality Facilitator
Project Staff :
Justine Chervin: Research Ingineer in untargeted metabolomics
Thomas Contini: Ingineer in LC-MS
Feel free to come visit us, call us or send us an e-mail to discuss about your project !
Tel : +33 5 34 32 38 31
Standard : +33 188.8.131.52.01
Fax : +33 184.108.40.206.02